Update: The Amazon Local portion and the Google Wallet portion of this deal have expired but you can still get $10 free by using my referral link.
I just got back from a trip to Dallas and I have to say, that city has got to have some of the worst cab drivers in the United States. It’s pretty hard to rival the tuk-tuk drivers of Thailand but these guys were almost as shady and possibly dumber. During one memorable trip home from the bars, half of our party got out and paid for their share of the fare and the cab driver figured we were too drunk to notice, so he didn’t reset the meter. We noticed! Another time, a guy couldn’t figure out how to open the GPS app on his phone so we had to use our own smartphones to get us there. How do these guys survive?
So when I saw this deal for a $55 credit for Uber taxi service I jumped on it. If you’re not familiar with Uber, they are basically a hip new luxury taxi service with affordable prices. They’re not as cheap as regular taxis but they provide much better service and you can ride in style in a town car or an SUV for a little more. I actually haven’t taken a ride in an Uber taxi yet but $55 towards my first couple trips definitely makes it worth trying out. Possibly my favorite feature is that you can pay with a credit card. I still don’t understand why taxi drivers are so anal when it comes to taking credit, the meter’s on, they have to report all their trips.
If you’re interested in trying out Uber, here are the steps to follow to get $55 in free credit.
(Note: The amazon local deal has ended but I have a few extra vouchers good until Aug. 31. If you’re interested in one, please sign up using the above link and confirm e-mail/mobile and e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and I’ll hook you up with the $25 voucher!)
2. Go to Amazon Local and order a free $25 Uber bonus certificate for new members through Amazon Local (this must be requested by tomorrow, July 10, and redeemed by August 31). You should receive an email with the free $25 certificate within half an hour or so of placing the order. The amount won’t show up as a credit balance, though will be applied to your first ride.
(Credit: One Mile at a Time)
3. Uber is offering a $20 credit to any new member that pays with Google Wallet or $10 credit to an existing member that pays with Google Wallet. Simply link your Google Wallet account to your Uber account, which can be done directly through the app.
This is valid in the US only and excludes uberTAXI. You can find the full terms & conditions here.
That’s it! Once you’ve signed up and taken your first ride let me know how it was.
Track All Your Accounts With Personal CapitalPersonal Capital lets you see all of your accounts in one convenient place. Sign up now for free.
-Harry @ PF Pro
Latest posts by Harry Campbell (see all)
- 5 Tips for Finding the Right Insurance Agent - April 23, 2015
- Motif: An Engaging Way to Diversify - April 20, 2015
- What is benchmarking? Why is it important for your company? - April 20, 2015