Here’s a quick round-up of some of my favorite personal finance articles from the past week. With the presidential race heating up, there has been a lot of discussion lately about tax reform and tax plans. Although I won’t be voting in the Republican primary, most of the conservative tax plans seem to be pretty self-serving. David Johnston’s article below breaks down the facts behind Romney’s tax plan.
- How Romney Would Tax Us by David Cay Johnston
Johnston is one of my favorite tax authors, he concisely presents the facts in a simple way. I am currently reading his book Free Lunch, and should have a review out next month.
- Why CD’s Suck and Dividends Rock by Jim Wang
CD’s are still a great place for an emergency fund. But for short to mid-term investing, I think dividend paying stocks can be a great option. Stay tuned for a blog post about this topic.
- Own Your Investments, Rent Your Fun by Five Cent Nickel
This article explains how to save some money on your discretionary spending by renting your “fun.” Do you ever regret any of your large purchases?
Latest posts by Harry Campbell (see all)
- Why Is Business Class Travel So Expensive? A Review Of The Undercover Economist - August 25, 2014
- Check Out My New Site and My New Podcast - August 22, 2014
- Finding a Qualified Insurance Agent - August 19, 2014