Here’s a quick round-up of some of my favorite personal finance articles from the past week. With the presidential race heating up, there has been a lot of discussion lately about tax reform and tax plans. Although I won’t be voting in the Republican primary, most of the conservative tax plans seem to be pretty self-serving. David Johnston’s article below breaks down the facts behind Romney’s tax plan.
- How Romney Would Tax Us by David Cay Johnston
Johnston is one of my favorite tax authors, he concisely presents the facts in a simple way. I am currently reading his book Free Lunch, and should have a review out next month.
- Why CD’s Suck and Dividends Rock by Jim Wang
CD’s are still a great place for an emergency fund. But for short to mid-term investing, I think dividend paying stocks can be a great option. Stay tuned for a blog post about this topic.
- Own Your Investments, Rent Your Fun by Five Cent Nickel
This article explains how to save some money on your discretionary spending by renting your “fun.” Do you ever regret any of your large purchases?
Track All Your Accounts With Personal CapitalPersonal Capital lets you see all of your accounts in one convenient place. Sign up now for free.
Latest posts by Harry Campbell (see all)
- Earn 140,000 Points And $505 From The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa - December 21, 2014
- Understanding Your Financial Aid Award Letters – An Infographic - December 21, 2014
- How to Avoid Extra Charges When Using PayPal - December 21, 2014