If you are an IT professional and want to improve your market value, then CompTIA Network+ certification is one of the best options for you. This certification demonstrates that you are a competent network professional who is ready to work in any IT organization. At present, CompTIA certifications are offered at four different levels. These are:
- Foundational or Basic
After completing these four levels you are now a verified IT professional who can manage the design, configure, manage, implement, maintain networking devices, test security systems, manage protocols, troubleshoot networking issues, and can explore existing networking systems.
Now, let us try dwell on the purpose of CompTIA Network+ before learning more about its exams.
What is CompTIA Network+?
CompTIA Network+ certification determines your knowledge in Network related things, such as the usage of varied network devices (switches, routers), network designs, development of resilient networks, visualized networks, implementation of functional networks, understanding the shortcomings of the existing network configurations, network security protocols and standards.
Apart from this, the candidates are also required to have a fair knowledge and skills related to the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of network issues.
Why CompTIA Network+ certification is so popular?
Behind the popularity of this certification lies the fact that it is a globally recognized certification. Furthermore, it gives you an opportunity to opt for higher-level studies in network security after getting certified from here. Once you get CompTIA Network+ certified, it becomes universally accepted that you have a foundation level knowledge of network design, connectivity, network security protocols, standards, wireless network configuration, and many other things related to network problems and its solution.
Reasons to become CompTIA Network+ certified
There are innumerable reasons for becoming CompTIA Network+ certified. Some of the important ones are:
- It has international validation.
- It helps you in improving different skills, such as – network security, network troubleshooting, storage device, security tools, installation, topologies, network operations protocol, networking technologies and its implementation, wireless network, a wired network, etc.
- It allows you to pursue higher studies in network security.
- It enhances your reputation as a network technician in IT industry.
- It helps you in getting better jobs with higher remuneration.
How to become CompTIA Network+ certified?
As of now, it must have been clear to you the benefits of choosing CompTIA Network+ certification. Now, before dwelling on the tricks and tips on passing these exams, let us have a look at the details of the exams, as in order to become certified in CompTIA Network +, you need to pass the exams.
CompTIA Network+ exams details
There are basically two exams for CompTIA Network+ certification. Earlier, there was only one namely N10-006 and any IT professional with at least an experience of nine months in networking could have taken the exam. However, with N10-007, which got introduced lately in March 2018 has changed the scenario. Now, the students can appear for either of the two exams as both are performance based and the cost of certification is also same, i.e. $302 USD.
Comparison between (N10-006 or N10-007). Which is to take?
Hereby, both the similarities and the differences of the exams N10-006 and N10-007 have been discussed. This will help you in making a correct choice depending on your requirement.
- Both the exams will have a maximum of 90 questions.
- The duration of both the exams will be 90 minutes.
- In order to pass these exams, students will have to score 720 on a scale of 100-900.
- Both the exams are performance-based.
- The cost of certification is $302 USD for both N10-006 and N10-007, respectively.
- CompTIA A+ Certification is required as a prerequisite in both the exams.
- Both the exams will have Multiple Choice Questions, including single and multiple responses in addition to drag and drop questions.
- In N10-006, at least 9 months of experience in networking is required, whereas, in N10-007, minimum 9 to 12 months networking experience are mandatory to appear in the exam.
- In terms of languages, N10-006 includes Arabic, French, Spanish, English, German and Japanese, while N10-007 includes English and in development Spanish, Japanese, German and Portuguese.
- On one hand, in N10-007 CompTIA Network+ exam questions will be profusely related to virtualization technologies, management of network issues, unified communications, configuration and management of the network for both the wired devices and the wireless devices, mobile, and cloud. On the other hand, N10-007 CompTIA Network+ exam questions will encompass topics, such as newer hardware coverage, critical security concepts, application of network security concepts, cloud computing models, virtualization technologies and other network service models.
Important Point to Remember
N10-006 was launched in Feb 2015 and Arabic, French, Spanish, German and Japanese languages of this exam retire on December 1, 2019, while English retires on December 8, 2019.
Tips for passing CompTIA Network+ certification exam
At this point, it is important to highlight that passing CompTIA Network+ certification exam is not an easier thing to do. Although it deals with entry-level skills, the certification involves different things under one umbrella. Therefore, getting an appropriate training course from PrepAway CompTIA Network+ certification practice test is indispensable. This type of training helps you in becoming CompTIA Network+ certified.
Some of the tricks have been highlighted here to pass both N10-006 and N10-007 CompTIA Network+ certification exams:
- Select any one of the CompTIA Network+ certification – N10-006 or N10-007.
- Have a clear understanding of the topics that are covered in the exam.
- Mark the topics in which you are weak.
- Look for CompTIA Network+ certification training programs.
- Compare the price of the training programs.
- Opt for the training program that can cover all the topics
- Find the related video courses with a qualified instructor
CompTIA Network+ certification is a boon for those IT professionals who want to get an entry-level job in the industry. Once you pass either of the exams, i.e. N10-006 or N10-007, you can get a job with a good salary. This will also improve your resume and paves way for you to do higher studies in networking.