Online shoppers can be very meticulous especially when shopping in a new website. Well, they have all the rights to be one. Of course, they are paying money thus they need to make sure that they are getting their money’s worth. So if you are running an e-commerce shop, your ultimate goal is to gain trust of these online shoppers. When you have their trust then you get their support and loyalty. And that means good business. In this article, we will share some tips to make your website trustworthy.
- Have an SSL certificate –when SSL certificate is installed on a web server, it activates a padlock which you see in the address bar and then it shows as https. When online users see those things they somewhat feel relieved. This SSL certificate serves as their assurance that all their data especially personal and billing details are safe. Of course, they are entering their credit card details so they want to make sure that the website is safe and secured.
- Publish high quality content – next, you should make sure to publish only high quality and relevant content. You should always fact-check, proofread and double check everything before publishing. When posting products you sell, it is advisable to include all important details and product information to help online users decide if that is what they are looking for. Shoppers really hate to be deceived with photoshopped images so make sure to post actual photos.
- Provide clear and easy-to-follow step by step guidelines – users also appreciate to be guided on what they need to do especially that they are new to the site. You should post a helpful step by step guide for new users. You can post video, infographics or a simple article.
- List down all contact details wherein you can be reached – one of the first things that users check is the Contact Us page. They want to make sure that they can contact site admin in case they have questions or in case of any problem. Therefore, be sure to publish all contact details like email address, phone number, office address and even social media accounts.
- Respond to enquiries within 24-hour period – and when they contact you, be sure to respond as quickly as possible. They tend to get suspicious if they didn’t hear back within 24 hours. So be sure to always check your emails and respond accordingly. It would be great to have Chat support feature too so they can address their questions in real time. This is indeed a great assurance for them that your site is trustworthy.
Online users are very intelligent. They do not easily give away their trust and support. Thus, you should do your best to earn it. Make sure to follow the tips that we discussed here to make them trust your website. Once they are convinced that your site is trustworthy, they will surely spread the word to their friends and that means more customers. So be sure to always keep them happy and satisfied not only with products you offer but also with impeccable customer service.